WavLink WiFi extender or repeater has become one of the topmost options for those users who are looking to enjoy unbeatable internet speed through every inch of their home. But, buying the repeater for your home is not enough. You have to do WavLink repeater setup first. Wondering how to set up a WavLink extender? Do you have more queries about the device? If you nod in yes, then you have stumbled upon the correct article where you will get all-inclusive information about your WavLink WiFi extender.
Here are some topmost queries asked by almost every 3rd WavLink extender/ repeater user across the globe daily.
WavLink Extender: Topmost FAQs
How to Setup WavLink Extender via WPS?
Using the WPS button is one of the easiest ways to configure the extender and extend the internet range of your host router. Before you apply the steps, make sure that your host router supports the WPS function.
- Press the WPS button on your host router.
- Then, after a few minutes, press the WPS button on your WavLink extender.
- Wait for the signal LED on your WavLink extender become stable. If it becomes stable, it means that the WPS connection is successfully made.
- After a couple of seconds, your WiFi repeater will automatically find your router’s internet signals to extend.
Enjoy! WavLink repeater setup is successfully done via WPS. Now, take advantage of the extended WiFi range in every inch of your house.
In the event that your host router doesn’t have the WPS function, please access the WavLink setup page via ap.setup WavLink login details and configure the device using the manual method.
How to Log in to WavLink Extender?
You can log in to your WavLink WiFi extender using the http://wifi.wavlink.com web address. You can also use the extender’s default IP, http://192.168.10.1 if the web address is not letting you log in to your device.
By any chance, if you get http://wifi.wavlink.com or http://192.168.10.1 not working issue, make sure that:
- The device you are using to do WavLink login is within range of your WiFi range extender.
- There aren’t any typing errors in the extender’s IP or web address.
- Apart from this, http://wifi.wavlink.com or http://192.168.10.1 must not be entered in the browser’s search bar.
- You are not accessing the browser’s private window for WavLink WiFi extender login.
- The web browser you are using is up-to-date.
- If you are still getting Wavlink login issues via using the web or IP address, remove http:// and only use wifi.wavlink.com or 192.168.10.1.
Still Have More?
What are the Default WavLink Extender Login Details?
Access the WavLink login page by using “username” as username and “password” as password (without quotes) or vice-versa.
How to Update WavLink Firmware?
Updating the firmware of your WavLink WiFi extender is very important after doing WavLink repeater setup. Doing so ensures that the performance of your Wavlink device enhances by up to 30 percent. Also, regular firmware updates help in bug fixing and also improve the security of your device.
Thus, to update WavLink extender’s firmware:
- Update the Settings page of your WavLink WiFi extender.
- Once you have access to the Settings page, locate and select System Tools and click on Firmware Upgrade.
- The process will start on the same page.
- Click on Browser in order to locate the newly downloaded firmware file. Once located, click on Upgrade and wait for some time for the process to get completed. Your WavLink device will reboot automatically once the latest version of firmware is upgraded.
How to Reset WavLink Extender?
The reset process is required when you are unable to:
- Unable to set up WavLink extender
- Getting issues while logging in to the device (extender)
- Can’t update WavLink extender firmware of firmware update stuck or failed
Thus, here are the steps required to reset the WavLink extender:
- First of all, disconnect your host router and WavLink extender.
- Locate the extender’s reset hole and press it.
- Release it
After resetting the WavLink extender, take the plunge to reconfigure it.
The Last Words
So, these were some queries related to WavLink WiFi extender setup and login. Anticipating that, we have covered almost every query here. If you have other queries in mind, feel free to share them with your fellow readers.