Creating a kid-friendly restaurant involves several key considerations, including the menu, ambiance, and amenities. Indian culture is known for its emphasis on family values, and this is reflected in the way Indian restaurants cater to families with children. They understand the importance of creating a welcoming environment that is suitable for people of all ages. Indian restaurants in Edinburgh tend to be very kid-friendly for several reasons. Indian cuisine offers a wide variety of dishes that are flavorful and healthy, and there are many options that are appealing to children. From mild and creamy curries to tandoori chicken and naan bread, Indian food offers something for everyone. Indian restaurants tend to have a relaxed and informal atmosphere, which is perfect for families with young children. Parents don’t have to worry about their children being too loud or disruptive, as the noise and activity of the restaurant can provide a lively and engaging environment.Here are some tips on how to create a kid-friendly restaurant:
- Offer a kid-friendly menu: Ensure your restaurant’s menu has a selection of items that are appealing to children. This might include items like pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, and fries. Also, make sure to include healthy options like grilled chicken, salads, and fruit. Here is a sample kid-friendly menu that includes both classic favorites and healthier options: Cheeseburger with fries, Grilled chicken sandwich with side salad, Mac and cheese with steamed broccoli,Chicken tenders with sweet potato fries,Margherita pizza with a side of fruit salad,Fish and chips with coleslaw, Quesadilla with guacamole and salsa etc.
- Provide high chairs and booster seats: Ensure that you have a sufficient number of high chairs and booster seats for young children. These can be essential for parents dining with babies or toddlers.
- Create a playful atmosphere: Decorate your restaurant with bright colors and playful designs. You could also consider incorporating a play area or games for children to enjoy while they wait for their food.
- Train your staff to be kid-friendly: Your staff should be patient and friendly towards children. They should also be able to handle spills and messes that are common with kids.
- Host kid-friendly events: Organize events like storytelling sessions, arts and crafts, or other kid-friendly activities. This can make your restaurant a go-to spot for families with young children.
- Offer freebies: Provide freebies like crayons, coloring pages, or stickers to keep children entertained while they wait for their food.
- Adjust your dining hours: Adjust your dining hours to accommodate families with young children. For instance, you could offer an early bird menu or family meal deals.